Grants Process & Calendar
How to Apply for a Grant
- Applications are accepted from US non-profit institutions.
- Applicant organizations must be providing services in Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano, or Sonoma
- Project must be specific to breast health and/or breast cancer.
- Applicants must be a US non-profit (federally tax-exempt) organization, e.g. non-profit organizations, government agencies, and Indian tribes are eligible.
- Services must be provided for women, men and their families living in the Bay Area.
- Equipment costs will be considered on a case-by-case basis and should be used exclusively on this project.
- Salaries, if requested, are for personnel specific to this project only.
- Grant awards generally range from $5,000 to $15,000.
Review: Applications received that are complete and meet compliance with these guidelines, will be submitted for review by a panel established by the To Celebrate Life Board of Directors.
Contracts: A grant contract will be the legal mechanism for funding.
Grant Period: Grant period begins April 1, 2019 and will conclude on March 31, 2020.
Payment and Reporting: Payment will be made no later than thirty (30) days after receipt of the fully executed contract. A final report is due within forty-five (45) days of completion of the grant period.
Letters of Support and Additional Materials: Only one extra item will be accepted, preferably short. Additional materials beyond the first will be discarded and not reviewed.
Announcement: Announcement of grants awarded will be made in April 2019. Project directors will be notified of the outcome of the review in writing.
Failure to adhere to these guidelines will result in delayed processing or refusal of the application.
About the Grant Decision Process
To Celebrate Life Breast Cancer Foundation awarded a total of $325,000, distributed in 2018 to 24 Bay Area nonprofit organizations – bringing the total granted since the organization’s inception to over $5 million.
To Celebrate Life Grants Review Committee reviews and recommends to the Board of Directors the list of grant applicants for funding. The Grants Review Committee consists of community health and financial leaders, breast cancer thrivers and representatives from To Celebrate Life Board of Directors. To Celebrate Life Board of Directors has final grants approval.
Grant funds are awarded in April of each year for a 12-month fiscal year ending March 31. Grant awards generally range from $5,000 – $15,000. All applicants will be notified of the disposition of their proposals.
Calendar for Grant Applications & Evaluations
(next Grants year process to begin in December, 2018)
September – October 2018
Grant recipients receive site visits
December 15, 2018
2019 Grant Application and Grant Application Instructions will be available
New for 2019
We are pleased to offer an online grant application as we strive to be environmentally friendly to the trees. Please start the online application by clicking the link below to the document signature page. On the document signature page, fill in your name and email to begin the Grant Application. You can save the application to finish later. It’s easy as 1-2-3 … complete the grant application, attach the required documents and submit.
– or to receive an application by mail, call (415) 455-5882.
February 1, 2019
Applications must be received by To Celebrate Life no later than February 1, 2019. Applications received after February 1 will not be considered.
February & March 2019
Grants Committee reviews proposals and meets to recommend new grantees.
Grant awards are funded.
September – October 2019
Grant recipients receive site visits.
For more information, call us at (415) 455-5882 or email email@example.com.