Stepping Out To Celebrate Life
In our thriver spirit we are holding a Virtual Gala September 26, 2020
Our signature fundraiser is Stepping Out To Celebrate Life, an annual gala that takes place in September at the Marin Center Exhibit Hall in San Rafael, California. The highlight of this spectacular evening is an uplifting, inspirational fashion show featuring models thriving after breast cancer.
The origin of our Stepping Out gala fashion show is the very heart of To Celebrate Life. In 1996, 10 women in a dance class for breast cancer thrivers came together to organize an event that would raise money for local breast health organizations. Thirty seven models were featured on the ‘runway’ and 250 guests attended the first Stepping Out To Celebrate Life gala, held in a garden in Kentfield. The event raised $42,000 and the beginning of an annual signature event was born. Stepping Out not only raises money but serves to celebrate those emerging from breast cancer treatment
Silent AuctionHere we will have some teasers about the silent auction and also information related to it
The live auction will include pictures and descriptions of all items available
Organize an Event or Promotion.
What You Can Expect
This year’s auction will use Greater Giving Online Bidding – allowing for a paperless bidding system. You will bid using your smartphone or tablet on silent auction items. Also, you can easily track Packages by “following” their activity without having to continuously return to a table or bid sheet.
How to Mobile Bid with Greater Giving Online Bidding
- Register your mobile number and credit card information on our registration page in advance of the event or upon arrival.
- When the auction is open, you will receive an automated ‘Welcome’ text with your bidder link.
- After clicking the link in the text, begin searching for packages by name, number, or category
- Select the package you wish to bid on.
- You can Bid the next increment or Bid More than the next increment
- If you choose to Bid More you can choose to set your Max Bid. If your max bid is the highest, the system will automatically bid in your favor until you are outbid or until the silent auction closes. If your bid is lower than the highest max bid on that package, you will be prompted to enter a higher bid.
- To purchase a package at the Buy Now price, select the Buy button.
- To “watch” a package, select the star icon on the package.
- To make a donation, select the Donation button on your home screen and choose a preset amount or select the Custom Amount button to enter the amount you wish to donate.
- If you’re out-bid at any point before the silent auction closes, you will receive a text message.
- To view packages you are bidding on, click the menu button and select Bids.
- To view packages you are watching, click the menu button and select Favorites.
- Once the auction closes, the guest with the highest bid will win.
- Under the Bids area you can check your winning packages.
Countdown to our Virtual Gala Event!!
Online Bidding FAQ
Please include your mobile phone number while registering for the event.
- Once bidding starts, you will be alerted on your mobile device when you have been outbid, so you can instantly respond with another bid.
- Bidding can occur at any location within the auction itself, whether you are in line for the bar or mingling with friends.
- You do not have to be at the display tables to make a bid.
- All auction bidding will be tracked, displayed and announced in real time throughout the evening.
- At the end of the evening, the check out process will run efficiently because your credit card information will have been entered into our system prior to or at the beginning of the event.
- Online Bidding allows for a completely paperless bidding system.
- You are able to use technology you already know ….. your own smartphone or tablet (iPad, Samsung Galaxy, etc).
- It is fun and easy.
- You are notified via text when you are outbid and can rebid immediately from your phone without going back to the auction package on the display table.
- Online bidding eliminates overcrowding and hovering around auction packages and bid sheets.
- Online bidding will make the event run more efficiently from registration to checkout.
- Yes, you can bid with any mobile device.
- With smartphones and tablets, you can browse, search and bid via a web browser.
- When registering your mobile device, you will be provided a custom URL for bidding purposes.
- With standard mobile phones, you can bid and receive alerts via text messaging.
- Volunteers with iPads will be available on-site for those that don’t own or don’t wish to use a mobile device.
- Volunteers will be available to assist with questions and bidding.