Stepping Out To Celebrate Life
In our thriver spirit we are holding a Virtual Gala September 26, 2020
Our signature fundraiser is Stepping Out To Celebrate Life, an annual gala that takes place in September at the Marin Center Exhibit Hall in San Rafael, California. The highlight of this spectacular evening is an uplifting, inspirational fashion show featuring models thriving after breast cancer.
The origin of our Stepping Out gala fashion show is the very heart of To Celebrate Life. In 1996, 10 women in a dance class for breast cancer thrivers came together to organize an event that would raise money for local breast health organizations. Thirty seven models were featured on the ‘runway’ and 250 guests attended the first Stepping Out To Celebrate Life gala, held in a garden in Kentfield. The event raised $42,000 and the beginning of an annual signature event was born. Stepping Out not only raises money but serves to celebrate those emerging from breast cancer treatment
Countdown to our Virtual Gala Event!!
Online Bidding FAQ
Please include your mobile phone number while registering for the event.
- Once bidding starts, you will be alerted on your mobile device when you have been outbid, so you can instantly respond with another bid.
- Bidding can occur at any location within the auction itself, whether you are in line for the bar or mingling with friends.
- You do not have to be at the display tables to make a bid.
- All auction bidding will be tracked, displayed and announced in real time throughout the evening.
- At the end of the evening, the check out process will run efficiently because your credit card information will have been entered into our system prior to or at the beginning of the event.
- Online Bidding allows for a completely paperless bidding system.
- You are able to use technology you already know ….. your own smartphone or tablet (iPad, Samsung Galaxy, etc).
- It is fun and easy.
- You are notified via text when you are outbid and can rebid immediately from your phone without going back to the auction package on the display table.
- Online bidding eliminates overcrowding and hovering around auction packages and bid sheets.
- Online bidding will make the event run more efficiently from registration to checkout.
- Yes, you can bid with any mobile device.
- With smartphones and tablets, you can browse, search and bid via a web browser.
- When registering your mobile device, you will be provided a custom URL for bidding purposes.
- With standard mobile phones, you can bid and receive alerts via text messaging.
- Volunteers with iPads will be available on-site for those that don’t own or don’t wish to use a mobile device.
- Volunteers will be available to assist with questions and bidding.