Grants Process & Calendar
How to Apply for a Grant
- Applications are accepted from US non-profit institutions.
- Applicant organizations must be providing services in Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano, or Sonoma
- Project must be specific to breast health and/or breast cancer.
- Applicants must be a US non-profit (federally tax-exempt) organization, e.g. non-profit organizations, government agencies, and Indian tribes are eligible.
- Services must be provided for women, men and their families living in the Bay Area.
- Equipment costs will be considered on a case-by-case basis and should be used exclusively on this project.
- Salaries, if requested, are for personnel specific to this project only.
- Grant awards generally range from $5,000 to $15,000.
Review: Applications received that are complete and meet compliance with these guidelines, will be submitted for review by a panel established by the To Celebrate Life Board of Directors.
Contracts: A grant contract will be the legal mechanism for funding.
Grant Period: Grant period begins April 1, 2016 and will conclude on March 31, 2017.
Payment and Reporting: Payment will be made no later than thirty (30) days after receipt of the fully executed contract. A final report is due within forty-five (45) days of completion of the grant period.
Letters of Support and Additional Materials: Only one extra item will be accepted, preferably short. Attach this to the original of the application, after the checklist. Additional materials beyond the first will be discarded and not reviewed.
Announcement: Announcement of grants awarded will be made in April 2016. Project directors will be notified of the outcome of the review in writing.
- Applications must be submitted by the director of the project.
- Keep grant requests to the page limits, as stated on the Grants Application for Funding. Excess pages will be removed prior to review.
- Submit fifteen (15) collated copies of the application. Applications should be bound by staples or clips only.
- Please no spiral bound materials, folders, or otherwise bound applications.
- Fax copies will not be accepted.
- One electronic copy of the application should be submitted to Kristen Bennett – Msbennett7@comcast.net with cc to Jane Pallas – firstname.lastname@example.org
Failure to adhere to these guidelines will result in delayed processing or refusal of the application.
About the Grant Decision Process
The To Celebrate Life Grants Review Committee, made up of community health leaders, community members and members of To Celebrate Life’s Board of Directors, awarded a total of awarded a total of $300,000, distributed in 2016 to 16 Bay Area nonprofit organizations – bringing the total granted since the organization’s inception to over $4.55 million.
To Celebrate Life Grants Review Committee reviews and recommends to the Board of Directors the list of grant applicants for funding. The Grants Committee consists of community health leaders and To Celebrate Life Board members. The final approval is made by the To Celebrate Life Board of Directors.
Grant funds are awarded in April of each year for a 12-month fiscal year ending March 31. Grant awards generally range from $5,000 – $15,000. All applicants will be notified of the disposition of their proposals.
Calendar for Grant Applications & Evaluations
(next Grants year process to begin in December, 2016)
September – October 2016
Grant recipients receive site visits
December 15, 2016
2017 Grant Application and Grant Application Instructions will be available for download on December 15, 2016.
– or to receive an application by mail, call (415) 455-5882.
February 1, 2017
Fifteen (15) collated copies of the application, and one electronic copy, must be received by To Celebrate Life no later than February 1, 2017. Applications received after February 1 will not be considered.
February & March 2017
Grants committee reviews proposals and meets to recommend new grantees.
Grant awards are funded.
September – October 2017
Grant recipients receive site visits.
For more information, call us at (415) 455-5882 or email email@example.com.